I Have TT Scheduled for 11/19 W/ Lipo to Flanks and Thighs. Will I Be Ok to Go to Mexico in Jan?

5'2. 125 lbs post op.

Tummy tuck

+1

The time interval between your surgery and your trip sounds perfectly safe and you should be well healed by then.  I have two warnings however.  When you are on the plane, be sure to get up and  around periodically to ensure good circulation in your legs to avoid clots.  When you are in Mexico, avoid too much sun on your abdomen as it could be more susceptible to burning this soon after surgery. Otherwise, enjoy your trip and your nice flat tummy!

Have a Good Time

+1

You sound like a physically fit person which should benefit you in the healing process.  My recommendation to my patients is to gently resume all physical activities approximately three weeks after surgery and slowly build their tolerance back up.  By six weeks most patients engage in every activity they did pre-operatively including Pilates, Jogging and Swimming.  Assuming everything goes as planned, you should have a great time in Mexico.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Travel after TT

+1

Dear mommy,

It is always best to talk to your doctor about your post operative activity . Since he knows the details of the surgery his recommendation will be the most appropriate. In my practice , patients who had tummy tuck are alowed light activity only, for 6 weeks in order to avoid streching of the muscles tightening. They can travel but have to avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity. After 6 weeks they can resume normal activity, but since they are out of shape, I recommend to do it gradually over 2 weeks period. So in conclusion, you can travel in January, have fun,  but be careful and use common sense.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Traveling?

+1

Assuming everything heals well, and it almost always does, you should be able to enjoy your January vacation. Some more physically challenging activities may not be possible however, such as volleyball, parasailing, etc.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy Tuck and Traveling?

+1

Barring any serious complications, it is very likely that you will be able to travel abroad 6 weeks after surgery. However, you will not yet be seeing the final results of surgery and may not be able to participate in strenuous activity at that point.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you depending on how well you do after surgery and whether or not you experience any complications.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedures.

Vacation 6 weeks after TT?

+1

Absent any unexpected problems, you can expect to be back to full activities by that time. If it is a long flight, you may want to consider taking a baby aspirin on the travel days and wear compression stockings to minimize the chances of blood clots in your legs.

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.

Most patients okay to travel 3 weeks or so after abdominoplasty.

+1

Presuming the recover is uneventful, my patients would be permitted extended travel 2 weeks after a tummy tuck.  Clearly, this is tailored to the patient and their specific post-op course.

Tummy tuck liposuction and recovery for travel

+1

Great and important question. Always address your recovery period with these type questions so that you really know what you are getting into.  The answer to your question is yes and no. Let me explain.  You will be able to travel after six weeks, however, your swelling and ultimate result will not yet be complete.  If your goal is simply to travel than you will be fine.  If the goal is to look great and have a completed surgical result then you will likely have to wait 3 months.  Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon