Breast Augmentation: Q&AAsk a Question
4 Doctor Answers | Asked by donna1200
Postpone. The consequences of an implant infection are worse that you can probably imagine--removal of the implant, no replacement for at least 3 months. Any source of bacteria in your body increases your risk of implant infection. Were you my patient, I wouldn't give you the option to go on Friday. Elective operations like breast augmentation have risks, and we try to minimize those risks where possible. Not operating in a higher that usual risk situation is a key...
I would recommend postponing your surgery because there is an increased risk for implant infection a recent bacterial infection. Augmentations are expensive surgeries and I would not want to increase your risk for complications also! I would recc waiting 2 weeks and clearance from your dentist before proceeding.
Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you, preferably after direct examination. There are many issues to consider. For example, if there is any signs/symptoms of ongoing infection, it will be better to postpone your surgery. Also, if there is any significant oral swelling, this should be considered given that your procedure is most likely going to be performed under general anesthesia. Remember also that you do not want to have any...
Did you have an infection? Did they put you on antibiotics? IS your PS going to give you antibiotic for after surgery? If all those questions are answered we would be able to give you better advice. Please let your PS know what happened and they can determine that, You should be ok.