I Was Told I Had to Use Radiesse with Boletero?

I got an email from my Dr. stating that I would get 30% off Boletero with the purchase of Radiesse. I called for a consultation, and I said I wanted the Boletero, not the radiesse. I was told I HAVE to have both, because it is a deal. Is that true. My lines are not deep-just some nose to mouth, and marionette that bother me. Also, they said the price for the Radiesse is 750, and Boletero 425. I see here the average is running 325. My app. is 10/4-what should I tell the Dr.

Using combination fillers

+1

I think there are really two issues. First is the "bundled" discount. You may have to use both fillers in order to get the discount, whether you really need it or not. Second, you may or may not need both fillers to correct your lines. The type and the amount of fillers needed depend on how deep and characteristic of the lines that you are trying to correct. You may be ended up using fillers that may not be most suitable for your lines but rather because they represent best "discount". There are a lot of different fillers out there. I really encourage the patient to use the most "appropriate" filler for each particular line or area rather than based the use on which filler is offering the best "discount" at the moment.

Stewart Wang, MD FACS

Company incentives - bundling fillers to offer special pricing

+1

Dermal filler companies frequently "bundle" products to provide a discount for patients and to encourage use of a new product. Radiesse and Belotero are both from one company and it's a good bet that this practice was offered a bundle cost reduction that they were passing on to their patients.To break up the bundle, they'd have to charge a higher price because their "single" product cost would surpass the bundled retail. I hope that helps explain their position a little better - but they really could have explained it better.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse and Belotero

+1

My opinion is that you're the patient and you should be able to get what you want, as long as it's a reasonable treatment.  I do not think that you have to have both, if you only want one.  It is possible that doing both could give you a better result however.  Radiesse is normally placed a little deeper than Belotero, so they could be layered.  If you feel that your lines are fairly superficial, then it is possible that just the Belotero could do the trick. I would tell your doctor exactly what you feel and see what he or she says.  If you don't have both, the price for the Belotero by itself may be higher than the $425 you were quoted, since they are running a deal on the combination.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon