I Just Got a Tattoo Done on my Shoulder Going Down my Arm. Leopard Spots, How Much Will It Cost Me to Remove Them? (photo)

i Just had a tattoo done maybe about a week ago but i hate it i was so depressed and didnt feel like doing anything, its maybe like 30 big black leopard spots, how long do i have to wait to look into laser removal, and about how many sessions would it take?? i heard that black ink is faster to remove is this true?? is Medlite a good technique?

Hi There,

Here is a link to the average cost of Tattoo Removals in your area reported by other community members.

Removing a Large Tattoo

+3

I'm sorry you're regretting your tattoo. The good news is that it can indeed be removed using a pigment laser such as the Q-Switch Alexandrite. I suggest finding a physician who is experienced using these advanced level lasers as opposed to some of the lasers you'll find in boutiques and spas. Black ink is easier to remove, you're right. Generally tattoos (especially new ones that were professionally done) can take anywhere from 5 to even 15 treatments to remove. Hang in there and best of luck! 

Tattoo Removal

+2

I am sorry that you are not too happy with the tattoo.  However, you are an excellent candidate for laser tattoo removal.  Unfortunately, you will have to wait a few months to remove the tattoo, and it will require more than one treatment.  Black iink is one of the easier inks to remove.  The amount of treatments is usually 4-6 for most of the removal, and they are spaced 4-6 weeks apart.  Much of the tattoo is removed in the first few treatments, but it is difficult to say exactly how many will be needed, as it is dependant on the technique used to create the tattoo, the type of ink/color, and which laser is being used.  At our medical spa and laser center, Chic Esthetiq, we use the Revlite SI, which uses laser photoacoustic technology to break down the ink particles, rather than thermolysis.  This decreases the rick of scarring with the treatment.