When Can I Do Laser Hair Removal After Tanning?

i tanned a month ago and the dr told me to wait for 20 days is it enough? and i have a lot of light hair in the end of my back ,,the dr told me she is gonna use max light is it good and could it remove the hair in my back?

How long to wait for laser hair removal after tanning

+1

In our office we instruct patients to make sure the area has had no sun exposure for one month prior and one month after the laser procedure. If any tan is present the treatment should be delayed until the tan has faded. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal After Tanning

+1

You will get the best results if you have NO tan at all.  The time for a tan to fade varies from person to person so just wait until yours has faded.  Laser hair removal works for dark hairs so I'm not sure what your provider is using to remove your light hairs.  You may want to check before you pay for a procedure that will not work.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist