I Have Symmastia Breast, I Just Want to Know if It Won't Get Worse During Pregnancy/ Breastfeeding?

i have congenital symmastial breast, i want to know if it wont get worse during pregnancy or when I'm breastfeeding? and would you advice me to correct it (i. e do surgery to restructure my breast) but i really wish not to undergo any surgery if I'm being assured that it doesn't get worse during preg./breastfeeding

Congenital Symmastia Concerns?

+2

Thank you for the question but there is no way to know with any degree of certainty whether the congenital symmastia  will appear more obvious after pregnancy. Online consultants can only speculate;  this is one of those situations where only time will tell.

Having said that, I would not suggest that you undergo surgery to correct congenital symmastia  because you are concerned that it may worsen after pregnancy.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_symmastia.htm

Symmastia and pregnancy

+2

It is unlikely that your symmastia will get worse with your pregnancy.  Good luck with your pregnancy.

Symmastia

+2

I agree with previous answers that anatomy should not change significantly with pregnancy.Once done and in a elective manner repair can be done with a dermal matrix.Good Luck.

DR.Rosendo Martinez,FACS

Puerto Rico Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

+1

As the breast engorge during pregnancy and nursing the area of symmastia may become more noticeable, but the anatomy itself will not change, and once nursing is done, the symmastia will not be worse. Best wishes. 

Symmastia

+1

Your symmastia will not get worse with pregnancy or breastfeeding.  However, it is not normal and I would recommend having it corrected at some point.  Realize that symmastia is one of the hardest and trickiest deformities to repair in revisional breast surgery.  Take your time in finding a surgeon skilled in this type of deformity.  Good Luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia and Worsening with Pregnancy

+1

If you had breast implants and now have symmastia, the pregnancy should not make the anatomic defect worse.  The fullness of the breasts accompanying pregnancy may make the symmastia appear more significant.