I Now Have a Swollen Ball for a Tip? (photo)

I'm around 10 weeks post op now and I think the majority of the swelling from the top of my bridge has gone down but my tip is huge. I had rhinoplasty to remove big bump and narrow the nose and the tip refined. Tip looks like a ball from the front view taking up the bottom half of my nose and is really unsightly. It also bulges from the profile view as well. How long will it take for this swelling to go down and a more streamline nose to appear? Also how long do callus lumps and bumps take to go?

Swollen Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

When a person undergoes a rhinoplasty, they typically must wait several months to see the final results. Because you're only 10 weeks post op, I believe you're healing very nicely as of now. Tips do usually heal slower than the bridge, so it's important to be patient and to continue to follow the post operative care as outlined by your plastic surgeon.

Swollen Ball Tip After Rhino

+1

I think your surgeon did a very nice job. 10 weeks is just way too early for you to be very concerned with swelling. It can take many months if not a full year for your swelling to resolve completely. I think if you give it time you will see things will improve. The best thing you can do here is be very patient and stay in close contact with your surgeon and staff for constant support and reassurance. It is hard for patients to know and grasp what recovery really should be like so call the office as needed to get the answers you need

Richard J. Brown, MD

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

What you have is a classic pollybeak deformity. Its most likely due to the fact that too much bony dorsum was removed and not enough cartilagenous dorsum. This will not go down with time. You will need a revision to correct this.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

I Now Have a Swollen Ball for a Tip?

+1

At 10 weeks still early but it does appear you have excess tissue residual in the tip area. Wait another 3 months than consider a revision. 

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Dear Yasmin, 

IMHO your boney dorsum was over reduced resulting in a classic "polly beak" appearance. While the bulbous tip may improve as the final swelling dissipates you will possibly need a revision procedure to have a "streamline" appearance to the nose. Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD