I Need Suggestions for Breast Enhancement/enlargement. I Am a C/D Cup and Still Want to Lose Weight. Please Tell Me Cost?

I was about 230-240lbs at my heaviest, and am 5'5.5". I now weigh 170lbs. My skin is loose, my breasts sag and are different sizes. My areola is big. I am also very pale (imagine typical red hair, blue eyed, freckled face, super white skin). I don't know much at all but transposing fat from my stomach to my breasts appeals to me. My questions are many. Will I need to use the skin loosening suction thing if my skin is already loose? Which procedures do you reccommend, implants, lift, etc? and cost?

Breast lift after weight loss

+2

Congratulations for your weight loss !

Once you reached a (reasonable) "target weight" you are content with and have remained so for some time seek consultation of a Board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Probably you will require some type of breast lift to take care of the extra skin and and bring your nipple to a more appropriate position. A good and versatile Plastic Surgeon will have many ways to give you projection/ fullness of your breasts. This can be local tissue, tissue from belly, axilla, implants and / or fat grafting. He hopefully will find the best option for you personally. 

Good luck and keep on losing weight!

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+2

It sounds like you need a lift and an implant.  Loose skin will only be treated by removing some of the excess.  Good luck.

Minimize the number of surgeries

+2

First, great job with losing the weight.  Without a doubt, you are going to require a breast lift, at least on one side.  Your other issue is of volume.  You can acquire volume by either the fat grafting or breast implants.  Implants are a sure and certain way to acquire a lot of evenly distributed volume in one surgery.  

Fat transfer on the other hand is not so predictable.  Over time, some of the transferred fat will be resorbed (absorbed) by your body, and the percentage of which cannot be determined.  And therefore, most fat grafting approaches require several sessions.  If you have loose skin over other parts of your body, you probably will plan on having skin removed from those locations as well.   To minimize the total number of surgeries you will undergo in your lifetime, I recommend the breast implants, which are very safe today.  

The other issue is mammograms.  After fat grafting, scar tissue develops  within the breast itself.  This can make reading your mammograms difficult in the future.  Since fat grafting is still in its infancy stage now, no one knows the clinical significance of this yet, but if you were my wife or daughter, I would not allow anyone to deposit scar tissue throughout your breasts.  Again, implants are the better choice right now.  

Vincent J. Perrotta, MD
Salisbury Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and breast enhancement

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss.

You have so many issues at play, it is impossible to tell you exactly everything you may need.

Venturing a guess, you will likely need a breast lift and implants.  I would wait until you are within about 10 pounds of your target weight, and your weight is stable.

I am not a fan of fat transfer to the breast.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

I Need Suggestions for Breast Enhancement/enlargement.

+2

Absence of photos makes it difficult to offer useful suggestions. Congratulations on the weight loss. Fat grafting is one technique that can be useful in breast enlargement. It has both advantages and disadvantages when compared with implants. 

Whichever you choose, it sounds like you may also need to consider a breast lift to correct the sagging. For some patients, whose nipples and areaolas are well positioned, only an enlargement (implants or fat grafts) will fill out the excess skin, but most in your group of weight loss patients do need a lift. 

As to prices, much depends on what exactly will be needed, and where you live. There are postings on Realself of fees in your area. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Implants and Lifting

+2

Assuming you continue to lose wieght and are unhappy with the volume of your breasts, implants would be appropriate.  If you breast has a level of droopiness that is more severe, a breast lift can be performed at the same time as the augmentation.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with the BEST credentials to perform your surgery.

Ultimate Breast Lift for increased projection without implants

+1

If you are size C/D and are happy with that size, you do not need implants.  However, from your description you will need a lift.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift, which avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional techniques.  Your excess skin is used to make an internal bra, which transfers the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle.  This technique increases upper pole fullness, cleavage and is stable long term.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue high over the bony prominence of the chest increase projection.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but you may be a candidate for this technique.  The cost is approximately $10,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

It sounds like you have been very successful with weight loss and you neeed a breast lift with or without implants for additional form and volume

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS