I Still Have Swelling on Upper Brow and Lower Left Lid Eye Surgery Was 26 Days Ago? (photo)

The swelling has pretty much not got any better. I visited the ps and he gave me drop for inflammation they made no difference. Swelling is pretty constant throughout the day.

Swelling after Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)

+2

Thank you for posting this question and your pictures. Without seeing how your eyelids are moving and checking the tightness, it is not possible to give a complete assessment.  However, what you need more than anything is more time for healing. Subtle changes in skin tone, pigmentation, and muscle function will happen for weeks to months after eyelid surgery. If your eyes are not closing entirely, you must alert your surgeon to this now and make efforts to protect them (lubricant drops, taping, etc.). I have found in my practice that carefully performed massage will help to prevent scar contracture and can improve healing. This can be discussed with, and demonstrated by, your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/upper-bleph.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still early...but

+2

It is still early in the post operative period.

Lower eyelid swelling tends to be more extensive if your surgeon performed an extensive skin/muscle lower eyelid flap. These are also more likely to pull the lower eyelid downward, and may need revision by an Oculoplastics surgeon.

Please wait at least 4 months before making any decisions on this. Keep in close contact with your surgeon, as sometimes injections of steroids or 5FU might be indicated.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

The drops are not what you need.

+2

What you need is time like 8 to 12 more weeks.  Not all of your concerns will resolve.  It looks like there is a motor weakness in the left lower eyelid.  Time will help these issues.  What does not resolve to your satisfaction with time may benefit from surgical revision.  Do not assume that your surgeon will be able to make these revisions.

Eyelid Swelling

+2

After a surgical procedure around the eyes the swelling can last for a couple of months.  We do suggest to our patient's to sleep with your head elevated and find that helps a lot.  We also suggest for our patients when they take shower/bath for the water not to be too hot because the heat and steam will increase the swelling.  Good luck in your healing process.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon