I Still Have Puffy Eyes After Lower Eye Surgery. It is 2 Weeks. Is This Normal. How Long Until the Final Results?

I had upper and lower eye surgery. Most everything went really well. I love the uppers and could see the result immediately. The healing was amazing. My problem is the bottom seem still puffy. It will be 3 week Thursday. The fat pockets are gone. I can close my eyes normal. But I still have puffy eyes. How long for complete results and should I request my surgeon fix them better?

Swelling will continue to go down after eyelid surgery

+2

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the results so far. The lower eyelids will continue to go down for several months. If you notice an improvement now at 3 weeks, you'll probably not need any fixing later on. 

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Puffy eyes two weeks after surgery

+2

Two weeks after eyelid surgery is still too early to judge the results of your procedure.  It is not at all unusual to still have some swelling at this time.  It can take three to six months, and sometimes longer to see the final results.  I would give it some more time and, most likely, it will improve on its own.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Blepharoplasty

+1

Although patients after eyelid can go back to their normal routine quickly, the lower lids can take 3-6 months to show the final results. Frequently, they look better than they did before quickly, but take some time for all of the swelling to resolve to show the "frosting on the cake." If you see results now, you will see even more results later.

Michael Horn, MD