I Squeeze my Nose and It Looks Disfigure for How 3 Weeks, is It Permanent?

i squeeze my nose and it looks disfigure for how 3 weeks, is it permanent or it will recover? i just want to get the blackheads out but what happened is i disfigured my nose. please answer back.

Permanent Disfiguring after Squeezing

+1

Squeezing a nose should not cause any permanent damage, but a plastic surgeon can and should examine you.  Kenneth Hughes, MD rhinoplasty Los Angeles, CA

Squeezing nose

+1

There are other ways to get blackheads out of your nose.  If the deformity persists for more than a few hours you are injuring the soft tissue of your nose.  Stop it.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Deformity after squeezing nose

+1

It would be nice to have photos to aid discussion. Not sure about what type of disfigurement that you are talking about. In general it's not a good idea to squeeze the blackheads out yourself, because along the way you can cause damage to the glandular tissue under the skin or even worse, infection. Get professional to do it properly.

Best Wishes, 

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Squeezing blackheads

+1
  1. Please don't squeeze blackheads.
  • It sounds as though you damaged the skin and may have caused infection.
  • Better approach - warm soaks, cleanser for oily skin and tretinoin skin care -- see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.
  • Beware: evacuation of blackheads or skin cysts of any kind -whether you or an esthetician does it using microdermabrasion or other treatment is likely to cause permanent facial scars.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD