I Have Soreness and Yellow Clear Fluid Coming from my Left Breast?

I have had silicone implants for about 7 years with capsules in both breast the past week 1/2 I have yellow clear fluid coming from my left breast and also have sorness and burning? Could I have a rupture, If so does insurance cover this?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Fluid Drainage May Be A Significant Concern

+1

Fluid drainage 7 years after breast augmentation is cause for some concern.  Causes can include a superficial skin infection, deep infection, fluid collection, or implant rupture.  It is important for you to be examined by a physician to determine the cause and the best course of treatment.   Delay due to concerns about insurance coverage should be avoided.  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.bitarinstitute.com

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Soreness and Yellow Fluid 7 Years after Silicone Implants

+1

Soreness and yellow fluid 7 years after the placement of silicone implants should be investigated by a plastic surgeon for fluid collection or infection.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Breast Implants Drainage

+1

Hi, you should go in to see your plastic surgeon. Yellow fluid draining can be from a few things like a so called seroma, infection and some other things. The best way to evaluate whether your implant is ruptured is with an MRI. Although unlikely, if your implant is ruptured, most implant companies provide some coverage for payment particularly if it is less than 10 years since implant placement.

Web reference: http://www.lakeshoreplasticsurgery.com

Several potential sources. A thorough evaluation is needed.

+1

Thank you for the question.  There are many potential sources for the drainage including problems with the implant or issues with your breast gland.  You will need to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon and get a full work up.  This may include MRI or CT scan of your breasts.

Dr Remus Repta

Drainage 7 years afttr silicone breast augmentation

+1

Drainage from your breasts can be due to many factors, including infection, cysts, and (rarely) tumors.  An MRI should define the anatomy.  Soreness suggests an infection.  A culture should be taken to identify any bacteria and you should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to start an evaluation.

Drainage post aug

+1

I would see a plastic surgeon since this could be an early infection or a seroma that is beginning to drain or perhaps you are spitting a suture so your best adivice would be to see your surgeon.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants come with warranties that cover rupture

+1

You don't mention whether the fluid is coming from your nipple or your incision - this is important.  If you have these symptoms, you should see a plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  All implants in the United States come with warranties that cover rupture.  Thank you for clarifying that - since the fluid is coming from your nipple and is yellow, it is unlikely that this has anything to do with your implants - I would recommend starting with a visit to your ob/gyn or family practice doctor to evaluate the discharge and soreness.