I Have a Small Flat Brown Mole in my Penis Head?

I saw a dermatologist and he said that there's nothing to worry about.Although i want to remove that mole for cosmetic reasons,it causes me a bit of embarassment.What kind of procedure is required?An excision with some kind of a cutting device scares me a little bit.Are there any risks?How about the shape and the fuction of this area after the procedure?Thanks in advance

Removal of a mole on the head of the penis

+1

It can be a very simple procedure to remove a mole on the head of the penis using a "shave excision" method. The mole is actually "shaved off" at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective and leaves a minimal scar.The procedure typically takes only a few minutes and should not affect the shape and function of the area. Dermatologic surgeons routinely do this procedure.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole on penis

+1

Unfortunately, the only method to remove a mole is with surgery.  The size of the mole would determine the size of the incision that would be needed.  You might consider consulting with a urologist also, just to get another opinion.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon