I Have a Slight Double-bubble and Was Offered Free Revision. Can I Reuse my Implants?

I had my BA last April and I have noticed over time the double-bubble. When I raise my arms or stand up too straight it is prominent and everyone that I show notices it.Worst of all is that every night I look in the mirror and see it I feel disgusted! Im using the same place but different surgeon. He is offering a free revision and discussed releasing the muscle a bit. Everything about them are fine except for that. Is it ok for him to reuse the same implants?

Reusing implants during revision surgery

+2

This is an excellent question. Though many surgeons will re-use an implant during a revision procedure, the manufacturers do not recommend this. In fact, this may actually void the warranty of the implant. You should discuss this with your surgeon ahead of time. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Although there is nothing wrong within implant a year after surgery, the manufacture recommends the use of new implants in any r

+1

It is unlikely that a patient will benefit from purchasing new implants for revision one year after the original operation. Nevertheless, the manufacture recommends use of new implants and probably will not recognize the warranty on the old ones if they are used.

Can I reuse my implants?

+1

Thank you for your question.  As long as the implants themselves are not an issue (not ruptured or damaged), they can be kept for correction of a double bubble deformity.  This will help to keep the cost of the procedure to a minimal!

Good luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Reusing Implants with Double Bubble Correction

+1

Correction of a double bubble deformity does not require an implant exchange.  This would only increase the cost of the operation not the effectiveness.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Can I Reuse my Implants?

+1

There is no implant related problem here, so there should be no problem using the same implants. All the best. 

Double Bubble Correction Keeps Indwelling Breast Implants

+1

Correction of a double bubble does not involve the use of new breast implants...unless they are somehow damaged during the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Double bubble and same implants

+1

It is certainly is possible to use the same implants but releasing the muscle more will not help your double bubble.  Reinforcing the inframammary fold will.

Correction of “Double Bubble” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Assuming the breast implant involved is in excellent condition and meets the objective ( when it comes to size and symmetry), there is no indication to remove/replace it.

More important than this question ( and the costs associated with the procedure) should be the concern of your chosen plastic surgeon's experience helping patients in this situation. Make sure that he/she is able to show you ( before and after pictures) good examples of previous patients he/she has helped.

Same implants ok for capsuloraphy

+1

Yes, as long as they are not damaged during the procedure you can keep them. Good Luck.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon