I Had Silicone Implants Placed Under the Muscle and my Doctor Told Me "NO MASSAGE" ? Should I Not?

To Massage Or Not To Massage

+1

There is no right or wrong.  I advise my patients with smooth silicone implants  to massage.  I strongly recommend taking your doctors advice.

Massage is less in favor after breast augmentation

+1

Routine massage after breast augmentation seems to be on the decline from our read on things, and our patients are not asked to massage or displace the implant from the breast pocket. We prefer the hand in glove fit. Some recommend massage for an early capsule which might help, and some still do like massage routinely, but there is no right or wrong with either. No is OK.

Sub muscular implant massage

+1

Post op breast massage depends on the surgeon and implant type.  Though the muscle "auto massages" sub muscular implants, I recommend that all patients of mine who have smooth wall implants also massage them with "implant displacement exercises".  I do not recommend this for any patients with textured implants as I want the capsule to adhere to the implant shell.  I would suggest you follow your surgeon's recommendation.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Messaging your implants is no longer required if they where placed under the muscle. Everytime your move your arms they are auto messaging.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Massage After Submuscular Implants

+1

I do not instruct my patients to massage their implants when placed below the muscle since I feel that normal muscle movement provides massage.  There is little, if any, harm in doing massage after the first few weeks post-op, however, if that would make you feel more comfortable.

John Whitt, MD