I Had Silicone Implants in my Calves. I Had an Accident and Broke my Upper Leg. Since then I Don't Have a Calf. What Now?

Calves disappeared after leg fracture

+1
Thank you for your calf implant question.

• I am sorry you broke your leg.
  • I am not sure whether your implants were removed as the result of the fracture
  • Or if you have muscle wasting from immobilization for the thigh fracture.
  • If your implants are in place, your calf muscle bulk should return with physical therapy
  • It will take at least a year for the muscle bulk to return, 
  • If the calf implants are gone, they can be replaced once your leg fracture had healed.
  • If your muscle doesn't bulk up after a year of exercise, you may need larger implants.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes.

Calf implants

+1

If you are fully recovered from your broken leg than it may be possible to replace the calf implant.  Make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD