I Had Silicone Implants in my Calves. I Had an Accident and Broke my Upper Leg. Since then I Don't Have a Calf. What Now?

Calves disappeared after leg fracture

Thank you for your calf implant question.

• I am sorry you broke your leg.
  • I am not sure whether your implants were removed as the result of the fracture
  • Or if you have muscle wasting from immobilization for the thigh fracture.
  • If your implants are in place, your calf muscle bulk should return with physical therapy
  • It will take at least a year for the muscle bulk to return, 
  • If the calf implants are gone, they can be replaced once your leg fracture had healed.
  • If your muscle doesn't bulk up after a year of exercise, you may need larger implants.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes.

Calf implants

If you are fully recovered from your broken leg than it may be possible to replace the calf implant.  Make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD