I-shape Silicom Seems to Shift Down, Can It Be Made Shorter and Lower and Put Back to Originial Nose Cavity?

I had my nose done 3 times. The very last time was using I- shape silicon as bridge and ear cartilage plus septal cartilage as strut. It has been already one year and three months. Recently I noticed my nose tip getting sharper and sharper and meantime nose bridge starting point lowered. I suspected it might due to shifting of the I-implant. Is it possbile to just take out this implant and make it shorter and lower and put back? what will be the consequences if doing so? Thanks.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

While what you describe may be from a shifting implant, the nasal tip pinching you describe is also likely to be caused by a different phenomenon.  While implants can be revised, you need to consult with a specialist in Asian Rhinoplasty to determine the best options for your nose.  As this will be your 4th time, it will not be as easy as your initial surgery.

+1

Hi,

Its always possible to remove and revise an implant. The difficulty will depend what kind of implant you have and how long its been there. A picture could help make further comments.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

After any revision rhinoplasty procedure you must give he healing one year before you judge the final results.  There are situations where a synthetic implant extrudes or comes out through the skin of the nose or the membranes inside the nose. You should see your surgeon to assess your situation and ensure the implant is not extruding or coming out.  Regarding revising implants this can be done.  If the implant is a dorsal or bridge implant it is much easier to modify than if the implant is L shaped and extends to the nasal tip.   Removal of an L shaped graft will require reconstruction of the nasal tip complex to maintain nasal tip support and projection and shape.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon