I Have a Scar on my Lip That Makes a Noticeable Bump. Is There Any Surgery or Remedies I Can Try? (photo)

I got in a football accident when i was younger and it left a scar that looks like a noticeable bump on my lip. It's very frustrating and depressing talking to someone and they're just looking at your biggest insecurity. So if there is any way to remove it or make it look better i would really appreciate the suggestions. I didn't know whether to put this under scars treatment or scar removal.

Revising lip scars that are lumpy

+1

Lip bumps are usually a result of previous trauma.  I would recommend a scar revision technique to reduce and debulk the area and smoothe it out. Sometimes injections and IIT may help as well. 

The procedure is an outpatient minor surgery. 

Scar

+1

I would see a board certified plastic surgeon.Your scar can be easily treated with a scar revision and does not need injections.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Dermatologists have many ways to treat scars.

+1

You should see a board-certified dermatologist or dermatologic surgeon in your area.  Scars like this are sometimes best treated with injections of cortisone-type medications to soften and/or flatten, and may also be treated with laser treatments or surgical scar revision.  Your dermatologist will want to look at your scar as you move your lips and to feel it for firmness before deciding on the best treatment plan for your scar.

Lisa Chipps, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing lump on lip

+1

There are a few options for removing or reducing your lip scar, from surgical scar revision, to laser or electrosurgical reduction - best to speak with a dermatologist or plastic surgeons about the best option for you. If the scar is hard, it can also be injected with cortisone to flatten it.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon