I Had Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Ago and One Nostril is Higher Than Other. Is It Because of Swelling?

I had open rhinoplasty about 3 weeks ago. And my nose is still swollen. One nostril seems higher than the other. Is it normal? Is it caused by swelling? I am worried about it.

It could be temporary swelling distorting nostrils

+1

Only 3 weeks after rhinoplasty procedure you can expect a lot of swelling. Any type of irregularities, unevenness is to be expected. You should consult your surgeon any time you have concerns regarding your procedure. The recovery process takes up to one year, so  you need to be very patient and I hope you will get the best results ever.

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/nose-reshaping-rhinoplasty-chicago.html

Takes Time Be Patient

+1

Swelling three weeks after any rhinoplasty is normal.  It is too soon to tell if the nostril asymmetry will resolve or need revision MANY months later.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Nostril issues after rhinoplasty

+1

First, there most likely was some asymmetry before surgery as this is the case for the majority of people.  At this point, you will probaly have to wait until the swelling subsides to see if it looks better.  You may want to touch base with your surgeon.

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1
At three weeks, if one nostril is higher swelling is probably not the cause. Without more information we can only guess as to cause, though be sure to let your surgeon have a look.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty