I Need a Rhinoplasty Revision; my Doc Says No? (photo)

I went to the best THE best guy in NY. How do I know? He's renown, published, on boards, number one revision specialist. But more than anything, I liked his work. BEFORE: I loI went to the best THE best guy in NY. How do I know? He's renown, published, on boards, number one revision specialist. But more than anything, I liked his work. BEFORE: I love my front view, the length of my nose and even the little indent at the end. He took my hump down slightly, tried to bring back my over-projection.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Would it be possible for you to post before and afters side by side for the following views : front, right side, left side, and worm's eye?  I read the post that mentions you are 1.5 years out.  I would like to get a better idea of what you feel changed for the worse.

An occasional rhinoplasty patient will never be happy.

+1

Hi.

By all means get a couple of other opinions, but I am skeptical that you will achieve exactly the look you want.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

I Need a Rhinoplasty Revision; my Doc Says No?

+1

You should have this conversation with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon and if you are still unhappy, have several consults for second opinions.  It's difficult to be patient during the post-op Rhinoplasty stage but your nose can continue to change for 6-9 months following the Rhinoplasty.  Aesthetically, the face is never made attractive with a "perfect" nose, just one that's sleek and refined.  Sometimes looking for "something better" leads to "something not as good".  In surgery we have a saying "the enemy of good is better."

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

It is difficult to tell what you are unhapppy with and how best to accomplsih what you want based upon the way you posed this question. It is best to see a surgeon in person to get the best advice.

Yuor photos and descriptions makes it impossible to comment on the advisability of Revision Rhinoplasty.

+1

May I suggest that you re ask your question with full-face frontal, oblique and profile photos. It would also be helpful if you could describe what you're looking to achieve with Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery. This would be the best way for you to obtain virtual advice from the RealSelf experts.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision?

+1

Based on the photos provided, it is very difficult to give any meaningful commentary on your result.  However, I will say that most revisions, when indicated should be performed at 1 year or more from the date of the original surgery.  If you are unhappy with the result at this time, I would recommend a frank discussion with your Surgeon about your thoughts and expectations.  If you cannot reach a mutual agreement, seek other opinions.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Video imaging is a good way to define the expectations of the patient before rhinoplasty.

+1

It is difficult to understand what you expected of the operation.  I find that video imaging is useful in getting the patients wishes in focus.  The imaging does guarantee any result, but gives the surgeon a very good idea of where he wants to go. In any event, I wouldn't consider a revision until you are a year out from the operation.

Rhinoplasty Revision - Yes or No?

+1

No surgeon can guarantee patient satisfaction. If your surgeon appeared to understand your concerns, provided you with what sounded like a reasonable plan to address your concerns and you were able to review his work and found it reassuring then you did everything right. However, here you are, disappointed with results.If your surgeon refuses to operate - why? If you have a good relationship with your surgeon I would try to continue care with him if possible. However see at least two other nasal surgeons for separate opinions - get educated about what happened and possibly why it happened. If you have reasonable concerns that a surgeon can see, then most likely you can benefit from a revision surgery.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Decision to have revision rhinoplasty a personal one

+1

The decision to have revision rhinoplasty is yours to make.  You should give your nose appropriate time to heal (1 year) before considering a revision, but evaluating your post-op pictures, it seems likely that the appearance of your nose could be improved during a revision surgery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD