I Got Rhinoplasty 7 Months Ago. the Doctor Said I Have Very Thick Skin, my Nostrils Were Too Wide, Dorsal Was Too Wide?

projection was too long. well he did the surgery, open osteotomies, removed subcutaneous fat. after 3 months gave me nose exercises, and fluticasone propionate 50mcg for swelling i do see changes, but i think my nose is still big. Will other things such as the width of nostrils, or the projection still change in shape or is 7 months enough to see most shape changes? Did he do it right what procedure would you have done? would u use steriods, what about scar tissue, and the thickness of my skin

Thick skin nose and unhappy with rhinoplasty.

+1

Without seeing pictures it is difficult for me to say what the problem is and how to fix it. Wait 5 more months and if not happy see your surgeon or seek a second opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you have an ethnic nose. After 7 months you should see some significant changes. If you still have a bulbous tip and wide nostrils I dont think it will get any better. Seek a second opinion. See link below for ethnic rhinoplasty and feel free to send your pics if you want me to  give you better advice.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com/caucasian-and-african-american-ethnic-nose.htm

Persistent Concerns 7 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is likely that at 7 months you will continue to see progressive changes in terms of your nose. That being said, it is really difficult to give you a more accurate assessment without the benefit of seeing photographs of your nose and face.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon