I Got Rhinoplasty 7 Months Ago. the Doctor Said I Have Very Thick Skin, my Nostrils Were Too Wide, Dorsal Was Too Wide?

projection was too long. well he did the surgery, open osteotomies, removed subcutaneous fat. after 3 months gave me nose exercises, and fluticasone propionate 50mcg for swelling i do see changes, but i think my nose is still big. Will other things such as the width of nostrils, or the projection still change in shape or is 7 months enough to see most shape changes? Did he do it right what procedure would you have done? would u use steriods, what about scar tissue, and the thickness of my skin

Thick skin nose and unhappy with rhinoplasty.

+1

Without seeing pictures it is difficult for me to say what the problem is and how to fix it. Wait 5 more months and if not happy see your surgeon or seek a second opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you have an ethnic nose. After 7 months you should see some significant changes. If you still have a bulbous tip and wide nostrils I dont think it will get any better. Seek a second opinion. See link below for ethnic rhinoplasty and feel free to send your pics if you want me to  give you better advice.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Persistent Concerns 7 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is likely that at 7 months you will continue to see progressive changes in terms of your nose. That being said, it is really difficult to give you a more accurate assessment without the benefit of seeing photographs of your nose and face.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon