I Had Rhinoplasty and in Result my Nostrils Have Been Made Completely Uneven, 6 Months Post Op? (photo)

I had surgery to create a nicer profile, in result my nose is crooked and the nostrils are uneven by a lot. I don't have the type of money to go through with surgery again, I really don't know what to do. I know the only real answer will probably be surgery, but I just want to hear what some Doctors think.

Uneven nostils are more often a result of a deviated seputm

+2

From looking at the photos, the uneven nostrils are a result of the outer portion of the septum being curved to the left in the mid-portion of the nose and protruding into your right nostril from below. That can also cause asymmetry of the alar or nostril cartilages. I would discuss this with your surgeon. Personally I wait a full year before revision surgery but at least you can get an idea of what can be further corrected.

Web reference: http://revisionrhinoplastyny.com

Your uneven nostrils after Rhinoplasty Surgery may be from a deviated nasal septum.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and reviewed your photos:

The base view of your nose demonstrates asymmetrical nostrils with your columella attaching to your upper lip to the right of center. This may be due to the bottom of your septum being deviated to your right.

At 6 months post-op, I doubt this would improve much on it's own. You should bring these concerns to your surgeon, and consider getting a second opinion from another reputable, experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so you could make a decision that might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon