I Had a Revision Rhinoplasty Two Weeks Ago, Will my Tip Remain So Rounded?

this is my third rhinoplasty and i am two weeks post-op the tip of my nose looks so round and puffy is it possible that it's all swelling or could my surgeon gave me a round tip while i wanted a slightely pointed one??

Tip edema following rhinoplasty

+1

The tip is the area where your nasal skin is the thickest.  It will swell the most after surgery and take the longest to become refined.  It's common for it to look like a cherry tomato at 2 weeks post-op.  

Two Weeks Out From Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Have faith in your chosen revision rhinoplasty surgeon. You are very early in the healing process at 2 weeks out. Much of the swelling should subside in the next 2-3 months with final healing taking up to 1-2 years from now. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rounded tip after revision rhinoplasty

+1

At two weeks after rhinoplasty, it would be expected to have a significant amount of swelling still at the tip of the nose.  This normally can take six months to a year to go down, but after revision surgery, it can sometimes take longer.  You definitely need to give it some more time to see the final results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon