I Had Restylane Done Yesterday Under my Eyes to Fill out Excess Skin but Really Did Not See Much Difference?

Vile do I need more

Restylane for Loose Skin Under the Eyes

+2

Hi Ozz.  Just based on the fact that you described the area under the eyes as having "loose skin" may make you a less than ideal candidate for this procedure.  

We use something called a "pinch test" to determine if a patient is a candidate.  Good candidates can pinch the skin under their eyes between their forefinger and thumb and have the skin "snap back" into place fairly quickly and immediately.  If the skin stays bunched up for more than a second then the patient may not be a good candidate for the under eye injections.

If you have to much loose skin, then you should consider surgery.  Good luck.

Restylane is a wonderful filler but does not treat excess skin

+1

All too often patients ask me about the skin under the eyes.  They ususally ask me about Botox or Restylane but they cannot fix the excess skin under the eyes.  If the skin is minimal than it can be corrected with Thermage or other skin tightening.  However, if there is really an excess amount than you will require a surgical procedure to correct this. Please seek out an experienced physician who is board certified.

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane for Tear Trough Not Loose Skin

+1

Restylane can be used to fill the depression or the tear trough, but it is less than optimal for loose skin.  Loose skin in the area of the lower eyelid may be more amenable to lower eyelid surgery.

Restylane under the eyes

+1

In general, Restylane is a great option for filling in the tear trough. It will not address any loose skin that is present. This is something that is generally corrected with surgery. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane and under eye treatment

+1

It is very difficult to answer this question without first viewing photographs or seeing you in person - before and after pictures would be best. You should consider posting pictures for an idea of what you are referring to.

Sam Naficy, MD

Lower Eyelid Restylane is a Specialized Treatment

+1

While restylane injections have become very common, treatment of the periocular area is quite specialized as the anatomy is quite complex and tricky.  Facial aging with volume loss in the cheeks leads to lowering of the lid cheek junction and herniation of lower eyelid fat.  Definative correction usually requires surgery to these regions.  Injection of fillers such as restylane can camouflage these findings if placed at the appropriate level and in sufficient volumes.  It sounds like you may have been undertreated.   Overcorrection and superficial injection also causes problems.  You should seek treatment from an injector experienced with this complext treatment.  Ask to see before and after photos.  Good luck with your search.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Restylane will not help excess skin.

+1

Restylane can fill hollows under the eyes but will not help excess skin.  You should be assessed by a plastic surgeon to see if surgery would be your best option.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Did Restylane For Loose Lower Eyelid Skin Work?

+1

There are a variety of ways to solve you problem. Without seeing photos it is impossible to say if a filler is one of your options. Restylane may be a great option for issues involving the lower lids. Since you didn't notice much of a difference it may very well be that you need more filler. It also may be that a filler was never going to solve your problem and that you needed something else (lower eyelid blepharoplasty, laser of the lower lid skin, better skin care. etc.). For starters, I would hope that your injector took photos before the injections. Often we will inject the lower lids with very good results. Patients will then come back a week or two later, feeling that the results were not as good as they had hoped. The first thing we do is to pull up their pre-injection photos and compare them to photos taken that day. Almost all of the time these people are surprised at how well the injections worked- they had simply forgotten what they looked like before the injections. Give your injectors office a call, set up an appointment to review your before and after photos. You may be surprised at the results. If after looking at the photos you still don't see much of a difference you should have a conversation with them as to why they think that it didn't work as well as you had hoped. Was it because you simply need more, or was it because you really need a different procedure performed. That is where I would start. Good Luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane under eyes

+1

Restylane is a good product to fill out the nasojugal groove along the lower lid cheek junction. It will not correct problems with loose skin or herniated orbital fat.

Restylane under eyes

+1

The best way for us to understand what your needs are would be for you to send a photo. If you can do that it would be very helpful. Restylane is not usually used under the eyes for excess skin although it can occasionally be used in areas of the lateral cheek to  lessen certain  lines (I don't think that that is what you are referring to though). Real wrinkling under the eyes is best treated with laser or surgically and Restylane does well to fill in hollows and grooves.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist