I Got Restylane Injected in Upper Lip 3 Days Ago, Now I Have 2 Liquid Balls on the Lip, What is It? (photo)

I my husband had Retsylane injected in his upper lip 3 days ago, yesterday came out a little ball of liquid where the injection was done, today second one where other injection was done, it happened only at one side of the lip, what is it? is it dangerous?

I Got Restylane Injected in Upper Lip 3 Days Ago, Now I Have 2 Liquid Balls on the Lip, What is It?

+1

It's best your husband follows up with his provider to further evalute this issue. If it is indeed lumps of Restylane, it can be dissvoled with hyaluronidase or it can possibly be a cold sore

Restylane in the lips

+1

It's likely Restylane and your husband should go back to the provider for follow up. It either needs to be massaged in and/or removed with Vitrase.

Sam Naficy, MD

Lip bumps after Restylane

+1

The lip injections with Restylane can develop lumps from superficial injection. The lumps can be the actual material itself. The other possibility is cold sores (Herpes Simplex). In that case it is usually painful. If that is the case you will need an oral antiviral medication. If the material is causing the lump, it can be squeezed out by the doctor after making a small needle stab or she/he can use 'Hyaluronidase' injection whtic is an antidote for Restylane and absorbs the material in one to two days. 

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Most likly injection site blood or Ha filler. Best to allow more healing time. Or see the injecting doctor for evaluation and treatment.