I Recently Had Breast Reduction Surgery and I Feel a Small Lump in One of my Breasts?

I recently had breast reduction surgery (about 1 month ago) and I feel a small lump in one of my breasts. How do I tell if it is just fat necrosis or something I should be more worried about?

"Lump” after Breast Reduction?

+1

Always  best to check with your own plastic surgeon about “lumps” in the breast. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or reassurance.

Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Lumps just after breast reduction are usually internal scar tissue.

+1

Hi.

See your surgeon right away.  How this is handled depends on your age and whether you have had breast lumps in the past.  Probably nothing serious.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Keep your follow up appointment

+1

Okiemom,

Be sure to keep your follow up appointment with your surgeon!  Your surgeon will examine you, review your chart and pathology report, and advise you of what needs to be done.  Although you are most likely feeling scar tissue from the surgery, you must be examined and followed by your surgeon.

Good Luck!

Michael Novia, MD

Michael Novia, MD
Olympia Plastic Surgeon