I Had Radiesse. I Was Left Disfigured. What to Do?

Face , left eye.

Radiesse to Left Tear Trough?

+1

Hard to comment with any degree of accuracy on this question with so little information and no pictures.  Radiesse should be degraded in about 1 year.

"Disfigured" after Radiesse

+1

I am not sure what you mean by "disfigured."  Radiesse is a long-lasting but semi-permanent filler; ie, it does not last forever.  From that standpoint, it should dissipate on its own over time and eventually be fully absorbed.  If it is bruising and resultant swelling, then it will most likely go down even faster than if it's from the product itself.  If, however, you sustained a vascular or tissue injury with loss of skin or other areas, then these are rare but potentially significant complications.

More specifics, preferably including one or more photos, would be helpful in addressing this problem.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Disfiguration after Radiesse

+1

This isn't enough information for anyone to really help you. What do you mean by disfigured? Do you have asymmetry? Swelling? Redness? The incidence of "disfurement" in Radiesse is nearly zero. Please give us more specifics so we can help you. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Disfigured, What to do?

+1

While is is possible to have some asymmetry after injections, it is usually temporary.  It may just need a little more to look balanced.  The product will break down in the next 4-6 month so do worry too much. I recommend you follow up with your provider or see someone else you trust to correct the defect.

Sam Naficy, MD

Radiesse Issue

+1

Sounds like you should return to the injecting surgeon for an evaluation.  You may need more Radiesse to help even out the area.  Also, you could have some swelling.  Radiesse is not permanent.  It will go away over time.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Radiesse Caused Disfigurement

+1

I would recommend calling your Physician's office and explaining your scenario, if you haven't already. Your Physician may provide you with a recommendation to balance the asymmetry or provide an additional treatment. If you call for help, then the office will also have a record of your concerns in the unlikely event that it does not subside. It's always a good idea to have documentation of your medical issues and concerns. Try to speak to your doctor who did the procedure and do not try any home remedies or products until you are advised to do so by that Physician.

Tony Nakhla, DO
Santa Ana Dermatologist

Disfigured from Radiesse

+1

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I don't know when you had this procedure done, but I would recommend that you return to the injector who did your treatment. There is no product that dissolves Radiesse so time is going to be your best bet, but depending upon the actual "disfigurement" you can possibly have more Radiesse added, or another filler, to make it look better than it does now.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Disfigured after Radiesse

+1

If you haven't already, I would return to the doctor that treated you so that you can be evaluated.  Sometimes an additional amount can be added to make the face more symmetric.  I'm not sure how long ago you had the treatment, but it's also possible that there could be some asymmetrical swelling from the injection itself that would lessen over time.  Without more information, it's difficult to give you any additional advice.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon