I Have a Pore on my Nose That Will Not Stop Bleeding. Help? (photo)

I have a pore on the left side of my nose that is enlarged and will not stop bleeding. Even if I let it heal for over a week, when the scab comes off it just starts bleeding again until another scab forms. Is there anything I can do? I've tried witch hazel and astringents but with no results to speak of. This has been going on for about 10 weeks or so. Sorry the pictures aren't larger or clearer.

See a dermatologist immediately

+1

That looks like a basal cell cancer, not a pore and requires treatment.  Fortunately basal cell cancers are treatable with surgery and do not generally spread to other organs.  See a dermatologist immediately to biopsy the lesion and arrange definitive treatment before it enlarges.

Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.