I Had Plastic Surgery Two Weeks Ago and I Have Been Left with a Big Lower Lip. How Should my Dr. Correct This Problem?

I had plastic surgery and fat transfer about two weeks ago and I have been left with a big lower lip.This was my primary concern and I told my surgeon definitly donot change my lips. I can't go out in public because it looks so unnatural. In what manner would my surgeon be able to correct this problem?Sorry I have no photos with me.

Fat Transfer and Swollen Lip 2 Weeks After

+1

Fat transfer can produce a large amount of swelling depending upon manner of injection and volume injected.  If you did not want fat grafted to your lips, then this was probably not done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Too large lower lip after fat grafting

+1

I am not sure what plastic surgery you had on face to cause large lower lip.Fat grafting on face done after discussion and concent will be limited to what ever area has been agreed upon during consultation and surely fat would not have been injected into lips.

Surely your own doctor is the best judge.however there are medications that can dissolve this fat if the swelling persists and you like to get rid off it.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Lower lip fat transfer

+1

Dear ycnan,

• Did you have fat transfer?  If you had some plastic surgery, it could just be swelling that is working its way down
  • If it isn't getting better (even a little bit), please show your surgeon
  • When he/she examines you and finds the cause of the swelling, then they can take care of it for you

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD