I Am Planning a Lift with Augmentation. I Have a 3 Wk Vacation to Get This Done?

I am working in Afghan and I have 3 wks vac. in India to do this. Then back to work. I am an eng. work in the office, occassion walk site. I cant be on narcotics. How much pain and how long will I need meds? I had a sleeve gastrectomy done 2 mos ago and returned to work after 6 days I was fine. I have lost too much weight and breasts are like pancakes. I am still losing more weight but I need to maintain the size and shape to keep an outward natural appearance.

Is 3 Weeks Enough Time to Recover from a Breast Lift and Augmentation?

+1

Yes, under most circumstances 3 weeks is enough time to recover from a combined breast augmentation and lift.  The two most important considerations before returning to work are making sure the wounds are healing well and managing the postoperative pain. 

Dealing with surgical pain is a very personal experience.  Based on your ability to return to work 6 days after a gastric sleeve procedure, I am sure you will be able to manage the discomfort from your breast surgery with ease and will not require narcotics after the first few days.  Without knowing the details of your proposed surgery, most healthy patients are able to heal breast wounds by 3 weeks.  Most patients resume their daily routine (except heavy lifting and high impact aerobic activity) within the 3 week postoperative period.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Lift with Augmentation. I Have a 3 Wk Vacation to Get This Done?

+1

You have plenty of recovery time, but: 

SInce it is only 2 months since your sleeve gastrectomy, I would speculate that you are still losing weight. If you do your breast surgery now, you may find that with additional weight loss, you might in the future need a larger pair of implants and another lift. 

These procedures are best done at your near your desired weight. The changes that have occurred over the past two months will continue with further weight loss. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes. 

3 Weeks Enough Time for Breast Aug? #breastaugmentation

+1

I would be cautious of having your breast surgery so close to your sleeve gastrectomy. I am double boarded in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery so I have seen and done sleeve Gastrectomies in my training. There is no possible way that you are to your goal weight at this time. If you are planning on losing more weight I would allow more time before your breast surgery because losing massive weight can certainly affect your breast surgery. My patients usually need pain medication anywhere from 3 days to two weeks depending on the patient. No heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 6 weeks and my patients do not have a choice on this. Augmentation lift procedures require lots of incisions so it is important that you try to minimize breakdown of incisions by stressing them too much for 6 weeks. Then they will have their strength back for you to do more.

Recovery time from augment/pexy

+1
Three weeks is a reasonable recuperative period. My big concern, in your case, is that you are planning to return to Afghanistan after undergoing surgery in India. Before you go forward, have a contingency plan as to how you will handle any overseen complications, whether there are physicians in Afghanistan with whom you can followup, etc.

Back to work in three weeks

+1

Each board certified plastic surgeon has his or her own recovery recommendations, and can vary by the type of aurgery also.  When it comes to recovery after surgery, I usually explain to my patients they can look at it from two aspects:  time to recover from the surgery and time to get back to normal activity.  The initial recovery from the surgery will usually take about a week from an augmentation and lift to where they are off narcotics and are back to work.  This is assuming a job that is a minimal lift and primarily desk-type.  If they are off narcotics and muscle relaxants, then I will sayits okay to drive.  To be back to a more strenuous activity or job can take up to six weeks, which is when I usually say they can do anything.  Obviously this is for a normal recovery and medical illnesses do not compromise healing.

RECOVERY TIME

+1

Depending on your job requirements, 3 weeks is a reasonable time frame; however each surgeon may have different postoperative recommendations and restrictions to allow for uncomplicated and satisfactory healing. Keep in mind that at 3 weeks you are still healing--not fully healed--that process goes on for up to 1 year.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Lifting: Postoperative Concerns?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I think you will do well with 3 weeks off after your breast augmentation/lifting operation. It will be in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing breast surgery. Although every patient is different, most patients require narcotics and/or muscle relaxants from the 3 to 10 day range.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm