I Have a Pilonidal Cyst 12 Weeks After my 360 Degree Circumfrontial Body Lift Surgery? (photo)

I had a 360 circumfrontial body lift done in Aug. and I still have a tiny pinhole opening on my back above the buttcrack. It started dime sized but has closed up except for that last little bit. Last week, had some blood come out of it so I saw my surgeon today. He said I have a pilonidal cyst. He said as long as it's not bothering me, I can wait another few months. If the opening is still not closed, I will have to have it removed surgically and closed. what is the sugery and recovery time?

Wound issue fter body lift

+1

The photo suggest a wound dehiscence from surgery rather than a pilonidal cyst.  If a wound dehiscence, it often closes on its own.  Keep a close eye on it and see your plastic surgeon regularly.

Opening in incision area.

+1

It's good that you have seen your surgeon about this already. The photo shows the opening along the incision line and it's difficult to see how deep it goes. Most of the time a wound like this can heal with additional surgery. Good wound care and better nutrition will likely help to avoid surgery. Keep in touch with your PS and follow their recommendations. Thanks, Dr. Aldo.

Pilonidal Cyst

+1

This looks like a wound dehiscence in the photo, although it is hard to get oriented because of how close up it is. If your surgeon encountered a pilonidal cyst during the operation, I would concur with that opinion.

Either way, have patience, and most likely this will heal without any intervention. Do continue follow up with your surgeon regularly until this is healed. Thanks for your question, best wishes.