I Have a Pilonidal Cyst 12 Weeks After my 360 Degree Circumfrontial Body Lift Surgery? (photo)

I had a 360 circumfrontial body lift done in Aug. and I still have a tiny pinhole opening on my back above the buttcrack. It started dime sized but has closed up except for that last little bit. Last week, had some blood come out of it so I saw my surgeon today. He said I have a pilonidal cyst. He said as long as it's not bothering me, I can wait another few months. If the opening is still not closed, I will have to have it removed surgically and closed. what is the sugery and recovery time?

I Have a Pilonidal Cyst 12 Weeks After my 360 Degree Circumfrontial Body Lift Surgery?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to ascertain from the photo what the problem is.  Regular follow up appointments with your plastic surgeon are a good idea to follow the healing of the wound.  A pilonidal cyst sometimes does not cause any symptoms, but if there are recurring infections or drainage from the cyst then surgical removal is an option.  Best wishes.