I Had Necrosis on my Breast a Surgeon Removed It but Never Told Me How Long Until the New Skin Grow Back?

Necrosis and healing

+1

The time that an open area will take to heal depends on the size of the area and the laxity of the surrounding tissues.

Necrosis of breast skin

+1

Unfortunately, necrotic skin does not grow back.  The tissues will contract and heal around it or need to be debrided and closed by a surgeon.

How Long Till the Wound is Healed.

+1

Thank you for your question. Without a photo or a more detailed description, it is hard to give a useful answer. If the area is small, expect a few weeks. This is a breast augmentation page, so I assume that is the operation you have had. Necrosis is rather uncommon with a simple breast enlargement operation. It is less uncommon if additional surgery, such as a breast lift was done at the same time. 

Your surgeon, who knows what was done and has seen the open wound is the best source of answers to your question. Don't hesitate to call and ask--this is an appropriate question to be asking.

Necrosis

+1

It depends on how large of an area is involved.  For small areas less than about the size of a quarter, it will take a few weeks to heal in an otherwise healthy individual.  Your plastic surgeon is your best resource to answer this question, however.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Necrosis Excision and Postoperative Healing

+1

Sorry to hear about your results. You and your surgeon are most familiar with your wounds. It's best to ask him or her to get a more personalized answer. If you're no longer comfortable with the care that is being provided to you, then you may want to seek a second opinion.

Thank you for your question and Best of Luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Necrosis after Breast Surgery and Healing Time?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource to answer your question;  he/she knows exactly how much tissue is involved and exactly what procedure was performed. Online consultants can only speculate.