I Had Neck Lift and Checks Lift on October 22/12 I Am Still Swollen a Little on on Side, How Long Does It Take to Heal Properly?

Complete healing of the facelift of any magnitude takes at least six months.

+1

Most patients even after a full facelift representable in public about two weeks. Nevertheless, there are subtleties of healing the go on for many months. Miniaturized operations will follow the same timetable.

Swelling after neck and cheek lift

+1

Swelling in the neck and face can take several months to completely resolve. Most patients are able to transition into their daily routine after about two weeks however you may feel the swelling for up to 3 or 4 months. I would be patient and make sure that you are compliant with your surgeon's instructions and follow up to ensure that you are healing normally. Good luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Healing After Facelift

+1

Generally speaking, minor swelling and discomfort three months post facelift as in your case is not exceedingly rare. As long as you are not in momentous pain or feel as if fluid may be collecting, you should continue to be patient as your final results will continue to be seen over the course of the next several months. Please visit your surgeon to make sure that everything is double checked and that you are healing well.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Healing from neck and cheek lift

+1

In general, the side effects from a neck lift and cheek lift can include the following:

1) Swelling
2) Redness
3) Tenderness
4) Bruising
5) Stiffness

It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year before you see the final result, and important to be patient while you are healing. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any concerns, as they know the details of your surgery and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complete healing after a face lift takes 3-6months

+1

A little swelling a few months after a facelift is completely normal.  You should look good by now and completely presentable, but some residual swelling can take 3 months or so to completely resolve.  Incisions should start red, then fade to pink and eventually fine white lines 6-12 months after your operation.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Swelling 3 Months after Face and Neck Lift

+1

A small amount of swelling present on one side after face and neck lift at the three month time point is not unusual.  This will likely resolve over time as long as this is not a maturing fluid collection.

Recovery after neck and cheek lift

+1

It can take six to twelve months for all of the swelling to subside after and neck and cheek lift.  As you are only three months after your surgery, it would not be unusual to still see some swelling at this point, but it should be improving and not getting worse.  It is also not unusual for one side to heal a little faster than the other.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon