I Got my Veneers 2 Years Ago & It Fell off While Eating. What is Going On?

I've only had the veneers for two years I'm about four months pregnant. I got up for a late snack, & while eating my front right veneer comes off. Am I financially responsible for repair?

2 Year Old Veneer Fell Off While Eating

+2

Talk to your dentist. Every office has a different policy on remakes or recements. If you have a good relationship with your dentist, then he will most likely offer some discount on whatever work needs to be done.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Financial questions are each offices discretion

+2

The only way to know is to ask your office.  There is nothing compelling the dentist do credit anything, a fee was paid for a service rendered.  But good practice/business may be to assist in the cost in some way, it is possible that after 2 years only a partial discount will be given.

It is also possible that the veneer can simply be bonded right back into place.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Did it break, or just come off (unglued or unbonded)?

If the former, you will most likely have to have a new veneer made.  If the latter, your dentist should be able to clean the old bonding cement off of the inside of the veneer and the outside of the tooth, and then rebond it back into place. This is very commonly done, as dentists can come loose for a number of reasons.

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist