I Had to Have my Silicone Nose Implant Removed. Can I Have Radiesse After This Gore-tex Healed to Regain my Nose Tip?

I'm an Asian girl who had silicone implant last 2009 and had it removed this year 2012 as i accidentally bumped my nose on the wall while sleeping. I got used to longer bridge and defined nose tip as before but my doctor used gore-tex now which only enhances my bridge. I observed that my nose tip is somehow looses its skin & somehow hollow due to the 3-year silicone implant (it was stretched). I want my 'silicone-look' as before but i find it very dangerous. Can I have Radiesse after this gore-tex healed to regain my nose tip?

Options after removing silicone nasal implant

+3

The best replacement after silicone nasal implant removal is your own cartilage, because it gives the best structural support, is sculptable, has the lowest rate of infection and is the most predictable. Radiesse in the nose is best for smoothing out concave deformities, not augmentation. Best of luck to you.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Radiesse to restore nasal tip

+3

Your situation is quite common since implant based nasal augmentation is very frequently performed in Asia and selected cities in US. It sounds like your surgeon replaced and restored your dorsum or bridge of your nose but not quite your nasal tip. It's true that you can use Radiess to make the tip appears fuller and somewhat taller but it's not the same compared with nasal implant. The best way to restore your nasal tip to "implant-like" shape but without the issue of foreign body is to use your own cartilage to reshape and build your nasal tip. Most commonly, we use ear or septum cartilages to rebuild your nose tip. It's harder work but it works well for a long, long time. Please consult an experienced plastic surgeon who understands Asian rhinoplasty well.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Radiesse in Nasal Tip

+3

I would never use Radiesse in the nasal tip. Although unlikely, if there were problems such as compromised circulation after injecting the Radiesse the results would be devastating. I strongly recommend that cartilage be used to reconstruct your tip. Although this would be more difficult, permanent improvement can be achieved. 

Goretex and Radiesse

+2

You may increasing your chances of getting your Goretex implant with nasal injections. I would advise against it. Also, radiesse may not give you the contour that silicone did anyways.

A better alternative would be to use cartilage-septal, ear or rib. This would also be a good long term alternative.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for nose after Gore-tex

+2

Radiesse could definitely be used in the nose to enhance it, even after placement of Gore-Tex.  Without seeing you or pictures of you, I can't tell you if you are a good candidate for Radiesse to your nose or not.  I would discuss this with your surgeon to determine your options and possible timing for placement of Radiesse after your surgery heals.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I do not recommend Radiesse for this purpose!

+1

Radiesse is not going to restore your nasal tip contour effectively, in my opinion. Because it is a filler, it offers no structural support for the nasal tip, and you would probably end up with an amorphous, droopy and unnatural appearance. A structural cartilage graft from septum, ear, or rib works best, and should be performed by an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip collapse after silicone implant removal

+1

This is a common problem following nasal silicone implant removal. The best and permanent option would be cartilage grafting to enhance your dorsum as well as nasal tip. Radiesse is used when there are concave irregularities after rhinoplasty surgery to smooth out the area. In your case, Radiesse may not be a good option.  Good luck and good healing. Dr. Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Injectable Fillers vs Cartilage Grafts for Nasal Tip Augmentation

+1

Injecting fillers into the tip of your nose is not a good long-term solution. It may be the easiest but, besides being temporary, there are also risks of a synthetic substance placed into the precarious blood supply of the tip of the nose. Cartilage grafting is the preferred approach by far. If you have to have an injectable filler, make it a hyaluronic acid-based one and add only a little volume. This would have less risk than a more viscous filler like Radiesse.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD