Had Peg Teeth Fixed as a Teen With Composites and They've Cracked. Should I Get Veneers or Crowns?

Peg lateral teeth: Bond or Veneer

+2

You could do either bonding or veneers.  The bonding with resin will not last as long as a veneer and often does not look as good as a veneer.  On the other hand, bonding is comparitively less expensive and quick to accomplish.

The veneers are beautiful to look at and are very durable.  However, they do take more than one appointment to complete and they are more expensive.

My husband has peg laterals and we skipped the bonding and went straight for the veneer. 

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Peg teeth can be fixed with composite bonding or porceain veneers

+1

Peg laterals are easily fixed with composite bonding.  With time the composite can crack but it can be redone quite easily.  You can always do a veneer crown.  It is not as extreme as a crown but more like a veneer.  Porcelain is formed to go around the misformed tooth.  I have bonded peg laterals lasting for over 20 years so redoing them properly with bonding, which is more conservative, is just fine!  Get a referral to a dentist who likes to do cosmetic dentistry and ask them.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Peg shaped lateral should I get crown or veneer?

+1

Both could work very well. I suggest the answer lie with the condition of the tooth the better the tooth is the more I would guide you to consider the veneer and the worse the condition of the tooth I suggest the crown good luck.

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Vaneer or crown depending upon shape and position

+1

You need to check with the dentist as if composite fractue is small then it can be fixed economically unless damage is large or you are not happy with the composite result. Vaneers can help but doing one vaneer only will be difficult to match and might need custom shade at lab or multiple try in. 

Frisco Cosmetic Dentist