I Had my Lower Abdomen Treated Twice, 2 Months Apart. The Second Time Around I Had Zero Pain or Swelling?

It feels like any other part of my body, there is no idication that it has been done. Not even numbness. Is this normal? Was the second time around treated correctly?

No side effects post treatment

+1
Some patients do not have side effects, and the second treatment for many patients have fewer side effects than the first.

No pain with CoolSculpting

+1
You are fortunate that you had no side effects from the treatment.  I have seen great results in patients like you, and the great thing about cryolipolysis is that it provides consistent, reproducible results in every patient.

I hope you were pleased with your results!

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

CoolSculpting does not always cause pain

+1

There are many times in our NYC practice, that I see a very good draw of the skin and fat into the applicator of the CoolSculpting and the normal cycle of freezing is applied and the patient feels no pain or numbness. A lack of these symptoms do not indicate one won't get a good response if they don't experience discomfort or noti feel numb skin.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

No Numbness 2nd Time Around

+1

I do not know what was performed the first time or the second time in regards to your coolsculpting treatment but just because the symptoms are not present the 2nd time does not necessarily suggest that the procedure was performed incorrectly.

Be patient to see the results.  If you have more questions, I would suggest talking to your treating physician.

Best Wishes.

Second Coolsculpting Treatment

+1

The absence of symptoms such as absence of pain or numbness has not impact on success of treatment.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon