I Had my Jaw Injected for Bruxism a Week Ago. I Have Swelling and I Am in Pain is It Normal?

Jaw

Post Botox Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. Swelling, bruising, discomfort on the site of injection are common side effects.  I would let your doctor know if it doesn’t get any better or worsen. You can take some Tylenol for pain or discomfort. Be sure to get treated under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best and safest results.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Pain and swelling after Botox injection

+1

It's unusual to have pain and swelling 1 week after Botox injection. You need to see the physician who did the injection and have the area examined. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Swelling and pain after Botox for Bruxism

+1

It is possible to get some pain and swelling after Botox injections, wherever they are placed.  In most cases, I would expect the swelling to have mostly subsided after a week.  In regards to pain, there might be some soreness, but I would not expect there to be significant pain after the treatment.  Since you are concerned, I would recommend seeing your injector so that he or she can assess your issues and determine if there are any problems.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon