I Think my Burn Site is Scarring, What Can I Hope for and Do to Reduce the Damage? (photo)

One of my burn areas seems to be scarring. It was a mid-deep partial burn and I had it debrided on day 5 and used acticoat after that. It took almost 4 weeks to heal fully and I am still in presure garments and moisturisting 3x day. One factor is that I was not sent to a burns unit for 4 days which caused infection. The back of my hand is the worst. Its red, slightly raised, dry and tight. It's restricting some movement in my fingers. What can i do for the scaring and what outcome can i expect

Burns usually do result in scars.

+2

Sorry to hear about your burn. Depending on the depth of the burn, they usually do result in scarring. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery to discuss your treatment options. There are indeed a few option that can help improve the appearance of your scar with varying amounts of downtime and recovery. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of early burn scars

+1

I treat burn scars and have found that in cases like this, early treatment is a must.  I would recommend:

1. Selective IIT
  2. Pulsed Dye Scar Laser (PDSL)

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS