I Had my Breast Implants 5 Weeks Ago and Only Got Slight Sensation in my Right Nipple,will It Return?

i had my breast implants 5 weeks ago and only got slight sensation in my right nipple,will it return? as i went only from a b cup to a c cup, please help me as i am worried about this, thank you

Loss of sensation after breast augmentation

+1

Loss of sensation is a known risk of breast augmentation surgery. At five weeks, you are still early in the healing process & it is too early to determine if your sensation will return. Experiencing a slight sensation is a good sign!

Numbness After Augmentation

+1

Numbness after augmentation is not unusual.  Preferably, of course, it does not involve the nipple.  Five days is quite early and there is a very good chance that you will experience some or complete return of feeling but it is impossible to say for certain.  The longer the numbness remains the less likely is return of sensation but there can be improvement for the first year or so.  I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the amount of enlargement is a factor in the occurrence of numbness.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sensation after Breast Augmentation

+1

Changes in nipple sensation depend on many variables, including: size of implant, placement above or below the muscle, surgeon technique, and the amount of sensation prior to augmentation.  In general, if you have not lost sensation entirely, there is a good chance that it will return over time.  However, it is not uncommon to for recovery to take a year or longer.  It is important that you discuss your concerns with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes.

Jarrod Little, MD

Sensation after breast augmentation

+1

It is fairly common for patients to have some change in sensation initially after a breast augmentation. This may be related to swelling and usually gets better with time.

Change in sensation after augmentation

+1

After augmentation regardless of the incision, change in sensation is common from too sensitive to totally numb.  At five to six weeks things are changing and with some sensation I would predict that over the next six weeks you should be fine.  

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Loss of nipple sensation

+1

It should return. Since you have some sensation the nerves are not divided but probably only being stretched.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and nipple sensation

+1

After breast augmentation it is not unusual to loose nipple sensation. The amount of sensation loss depends on size of the implant and location of scar. Most patient regain full sensation over time. This can take up to a year. At 5 weeks you will most likely gain more sensation over time. With aereolar incision you are  more likely to loose sensation early on. Also with larger implants the dissection needed is wider and more chance of injuring the sensory nerve. At 5 weeks out I would not be too concerned you have a very good chance of regaining full sensation.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Sensation in my Right Nipple,will It Return?

+1

If you were asking this at a year after surgery, I would say no. But at five weeks, the majority of patients will have return of sensation, especially if they are not completely without sensation.
Thanks for your question, best wishes. Stay in touch with your surgeon.