I Had my Breast Implants 5 Weeks Ago and Only Got Slight Sensation in my Right Nipple,will It Return?

i had my breast implants 5 weeks ago and only got slight sensation in my right nipple,will it return? as i went only from a b cup to a c cup, please help me as i am worried about this, thank you

Numbness usually temporary

Changes in sensation are normally temporary and resolve in the weeks or months following surgery. It can even take up to 2 years. It is very rare that permanent changes occur.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Loss of sensation after breast augmentation

Loss of sensation is a known risk of breast augmentation surgery. At five weeks, you are still early in the healing process & it is too early to determine if your sensation will return. Experiencing a slight sensation is a good sign!

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

1725 Village Center Circle
Las Vegas, NV 89134

Numbness After Augmentation

Numbness after augmentation is not unusual.  Preferably, of course, it does not involve the nipple.  Five days is quite early and there is a very good chance that you will experience some or complete return of feeling but it is impossible to say for certain.  The longer the numbness remains the less likely is return of sensation but there can be improvement for the first year or so.  I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the amount of enlargement is a factor in the occurrence of numbness.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

16216 Baxter Road
St. Louis, MO 63017

Nipple sensation after Breast Augmentation

Changes in nipple sensation depend on many variables, including: size of implant, placement above or below the muscle, surgeon technique, and the amount of sensation prior to augmentation.  In general, if you have not lost sensation entirely, there is a good chance that it will return over time.  However, it is not uncommon to for recovery to take a year or longer.  It is important that you discuss your concerns with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes.

Jarrod Little, MD

4950 Norton Healthcare Blvd
Louisville, KY 40241

Sensation after breast augmentation

It is fairly common for patients to have some change in sensation initially after a breast augmentation. This may be related to swelling and usually gets better with time.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Change in sensation after augmentation

After augmentation regardless of the incision, change in sensation is common from too sensitive to totally numb.  At five to six weeks things are changing and with some sensation I would predict that over the next six weeks you should be fine.  

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

2304 Wesvill Court
Raleigh, NC 27607-2981

Loss of nipple sensation

It should return. Since you have some sensation the nerves are not divided but probably only being stretched.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

4415 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304

Breast augmentation and nipple sensation

After breast augmentation it is not unusual to loose nipple sensation. The amount of sensation loss depends on size of the implant and location of scar. Most patient regain full sensation over time. This can take up to a year. At 5 weeks you will most likely gain more sensation over time. With aereolar incision you are  more likely to loose sensation early on. Also with larger implants the dissection needed is wider and more chance of injuring the sensory nerve. At 5 weeks out I would not be too concerned you have a very good chance of regaining full sensation.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

1561 Creekside Drive
Folsom, CA 95630

Sensation in my Right Nipple,will It Return?

If you were asking this at a year after surgery, I would say no. But at five weeks, the majority of patients will have return of sensation, especially if they are not completely without sensation.
Thanks for your question, best wishes. Stay in touch with your surgeon. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004