I Get my Braces off Soon but I Won't Be Able to Get my Retainer Fitted for a Month. Won't my Teeth Start Moving Back?

I've had a top track brace on for over 2 years & a bottom track for over 1 year. I get them off in a couple of weeks & was scheduled to get my retainer the following day. But the other day I got a letter saying the second appointment had to be cancelled so a new appointment was made....over a month later! Will my teeth move a lot during this time?

1 Month is a Little Too Long to Get Your Retainer After Braces Removed

In our office, we generally deliver retainers 1 week after braces are removed.  We do this because we don't want any teeth to move between retainer delivery and braces off.  I would say that 1 month is a little too long to wait.  Try and reschedule to get your appointments closer together.  Congrats on getting your braces off! 

Irvine Orthodontist

Teeth can move quickly

Perhaps BOTH appointments were moved out a month, and if so there should be no issue.  Otherwise, you are right, a month is a long time from taking off brackets and placing a retainer.