I Am Having my Boobs Done a Second and Final Time and Would Like Advice on the Right Implant Choice from Me Please? (photo)

I am 24years old and 161cm tall. I weigh 46kgs and currently have 280cc silicone breast in each, over the muscle. My same plastic surgeon recommends a change to a medium profile 360/390cc silicone implant under the muscle. After reading many forums and seeing the pictures, my husband and I both think I should go for a 420cc at least or a 450cc silicone implant with a high profile under the muscle.

Coosing implant manufacturers

+1

There are predominantly three breast implant manufacturers.  Each has a dimension associated with the number of cc in their breast implants.  I usually sized patient's based on breast width, skin quality and assessing their expectations.  Some surgeons are comfortable with 1 manufacturer because they know how the implant behaves both in the short-term and in the long-term.  I am not sure it makes a difference which implant manufacturer you choose but more important that your surgeon is comfortable with using that type of implant. hope this helps! Discuss your goals with your surgeon.

Advice on the Right Implant Choice from Me Please

+1

Although 80 cc of size increase would result in larger breasts, I am not sure it is enough of a change to justify the expense. Provided that your breast width is satisfactory for the 420 or 450 cc implant, that may well be a better choice. All the best. 

Change from 280 to 450 cc Implants in a Revision

+1

In general, I recommend increasing the implant size at least 150 cc if that is the primary goal of the breast revision.  Therefore, 170 cc increase would seem reasonable.  Please find the board certified plastic surgeon who has the best credentials who has performed hundreds of these surgeries.

Breast Implant Exchange/ Implant Life Span

+1

I think that going with a 420-450cc high profile implant could be good option. Without knowing your goals, referrencing more pictures, and/or meeting you in person, it's hard to judge whether a high profile or a moderate profile plus would be right for you. I do think the idea that this will be your second and "final" surgery should be addressed. Breast implants are regarded to have a lifespan of about 10 years. If a breast is still soft and seems right for your body down-the-road (as you are 24, your body may change no matter what implant you choose), I see no reason to switch the implant. However, as the years pass it is likely that you will need/want future surgeries. I recommend having a frank discussion with your surgeon about your desires regarding size and ask him or her what their thoughts are about the longevity of implants.  Good luck!

Marshall T. Partington, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Exchange For Larger Size

+1

I am going to assume that you are undergoing a breast implant revision because you desire a larger size. If that is so, then I would agree that a 420cc to 450cc implant would be better because that represents a near 50% increase in size. That may sound like a lot but really isn't given that it takes at least a 25% to 33% change in volume just to see any difference.  At the minimum you want at least a 390cc implant to make the surgery and the cost worthwhile. All of this depends, of course, on what your objectives are and whether you are looking for just a little more volume or a more noticeable change in size.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

I Am Having my Boobs Done a Second and Final Time and Would Like Advice on the Right Implant Choice from Me Please?

+1

Maybe you should be aware of the post operative asymmetry and differing creases as seen in the posted photos before increasing the size. If you are OK with this asymmetry than 420 cc would be acceptable. But ALWAYS best to obtain IN PERSON opinions. 

Changing implant sizes

+1

The selection of the right implant for you based on the information given is a loaded question.  This is related to personal desires and satisfaction levels.  Your current breast implant result looks a bit asymmetric with the right inframammary crease higher than the left side.  Once this is corrected your symmetry should improve.  If you desire to be a larger size then you may consider a larger implant. This is a personal decision.   For every 200 cc of implant size you should increase your breast size about one cup.  Discuss your desires with your plastic surgeon.  

Breast implant revision

+1

It is very difficult to tell you what volume would be best for you without an exam.  Good luck in your choice!

Breast implant revision

+1

There is no right or wrong answer regarding what you are asking, just a matter of your personal aesthetic judgement. What you choose should be based on what you want to accomplish. Are you seeking a "naturally shaped", or "augmented" look? Do you have specific size demand? Do you mind that with larger implants that your breasts will weigh much heavier and potentially develop sagging sooner? Are you planning to have children in the near future which may affect breast size/shape? The more clear you are about your aesthetic goals, the easier for the plastic surgeon to pick out the "right" implant for you. Reading forums and seeing photos online are good starting point and great for discussion during consultation. When it comes to making final decision for you, allow your surgeon to carefully examine your body and make recommendation that suits you.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You should be aware, that given you are 24 years young, you will likely require more breast surgery in the future. Although there is no automatic breast implant exchange time period,  I think you should be aware that you will likely be undergoing further breast surgery in the future for a multitude of reasons.

In regards to the best breast implant size/profile  necessary to achieve your goals it will be very important to communicate very clearly with your plastic surgeon.   keep in mind that descriptive terms such as “natural” or “fake looking” may mean different things at different people.  Also,  discussing your goals based on achieving a specific cup size may be unhelpful  as cup sizes will differ depending on who makes the bra.

In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  These  pictures help with the communication  process;  sometimes for example I am surprised when patients show me pictures of what they consider to be “natural looking breasts".

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   I suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.