Puffiness & Swelling 1 Week Post-op Mini Tummy Tuck / Lipo

I Had a MTT 11-15 & Lipo of my Abs and my Upper Stomach is "Puffy" and Below the Incision?

Puffiness and Swelling One Week after Mini Tummy Tuck with Liposuction

+1

Puffiness and Swelling 1 week after mini tummy tuck and liposuction is very common, but any concerns of a fluid collection or increased pain should be communicated to your plastic surgeon.

Swelling 1 Week Post-op

+1

This sounds like the norm for a week after liposuction and TT. Questions like this are best addressed to your own surgeon, who knows what was done, and can ask follow up questions if so needed.

Swelling 1 week post -op mini tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, swelling in common one week after tummy tuck and it can take several month months for the swelling to subside. However, my advice for you is to communicate your concern with your plastic surgeon. Although post op edema is a common cause swelling, other causes can not be ruled out without direct examination.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Puffy after TT

+1

It sounds like you're having a typical amount of swelling based on what you have described. Usually swelling gets worse after surgery up to 5 to 7 days, at which point the swelling then begins to go away. All tummy tucks, even the minis, create swelling and it may take months for it to fully go away. Best wishes, Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tummy Tuck Swelling One Week Post Op

+1

A bit of swelling or "puffiness" is quite normal after surgery, especially so soon after as you indicated you are only one week post op.  If there is a lot of pain or if the swelling increases dramatically I would call your surgeon to schedule an appointment.  Otherwise, some swelling for a matter of weeks or even months after surgery is part of normal recovery.  However, if any part of your recovery makes you nervous or uncomfortable, reach out to your surgeon for advice.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Swelling 1 week Post Op Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to give you precise advice without photos or an examination.

Swelling will be present after this surgery (especially since you are only 1 week post op).  It can take months for the swelling to subside.  If you are concerned about the "puffiness", please make an appointment with your surgeon so that he/she can make sure that you are having a normal recovery.