I Am Almost 5 Months POST Tip Rhinoplasty and It is Extremely Swollen with Slight Bump Forming? (photo)

I found a surgeon to perform nasal tip surgery on my bulbous, long nose. I am now almost 5 month post-op and my nose looks incredibly swollen and I have a slight bony bump appearing on the bridge of my nose. I'm worried this is permanent.

I Am Almost 5 Months POST Tip Rhinoplasty and It is Extremely Swollen with Slight Bump Forming?

+2

In my opinion based upon the posted photos you will need revision rhinoplasty at 6 to 9 months. Sorry but the appearance does not look correct. 

Swollen at 4 months After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

At 4 months post-op it is usual to have some swelling. However, in your case from looking at your 3/4 view, it appears that you have either a cartilagenous or soft tissue pollybeak deformity. If this is the case, then it will not get better with time. A lateral view would be better to assess your situation.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Swelling

+2

Dear Natshan:

Thank you for your inquiry and the photos. It takes at least one year to see the final result of your rhinoplasty. Swelling is still present in the tip and the nose will change over time. Please return to see your operating surgeon for follow-op photos and reassurance. It is OK to ask questions and to follow your progress photographically. Give it some time. Hope this helps.

Stephen E. Metzinger MD MSPH FACS

Stephen E. Metzinger, MD
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

5 months post surgery you are still swollen, it takes 6-9 months for it to completly subside. Looks like you got great looking results, give you body time to heal.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS