I Am 6 Months Post Op from a Breast Reduction and my Nipples Are Inverted, Unevenly Leveled, and the Shape is Horrible?

I went from an H to one D and one C. My nipples are inverted and uneven heights, the scars aren't even and dont follow the natural line under my breast (on the left) and they are round on the outside but unevenly small on the inside giving a very unattractive/unnatural shape. HELP

6 months after Breast Reduction and Scar Concerns

+1

Scarring does tend to improve over a year's time.  A breast reduction's main goal of course is to reduce the size of the breasts and hopefully help back, neck, and shoulder pain.  If you have concerns about how the breasts look after 1 year, most plastic surgeons will consider a revision to make your breasts look as good as possible. Good luck.

Unhappy With Breast Reduction!

+1
I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with your results.  Fortunatley, scars and nipple inversion issues do continue to improve even beyond 6 months.  Scar revisions are typically delayed until at least 12 months because they do continue to get better with time up to 18 months.  Nonetheless, you should take some extra time to discuss your concerns with your surgeon to get them addressed. Most patients are usually very satisfied with breast reductions due to the improvement in back ache, clothing options and body image.  Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Horrible shape after breast reduction

+1

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with your surgery.  With the amount of tissue removed (an H to a C/D) often times it is difficult to completely attain symmetry between the breasts, as they more than likely started off as different sizes.  As the scarring will continue to heal for the next few months, I would hold off on any revision surgery.  Without photos it is difficult to understand what you are describing.  I would contact your PS about your concerns and see what he/she recommends.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Breast reduction and complaints

+1

Sorry for your concerns, but without seeing photos it is difficult to comment on the results and why you are unhappy.

Scarring after a breast reduction

+1

Sorry to hear that you are having some scarring issues following a breast reduction.  I would definitely discuss these concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Sometimes, after large volume breast reductions especially, the scarring can be problematic.  The good news is that many times these issues can be improved upon!  And I'm sure that your surgeon would want to see his or her results and do his/her best to improve the cosmetic outcome.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast reduction will help.

+1

Hi.

Without examining you, it is hard to be specific, but I am sure most of the problems can be improved.  Get a couple of other consultations.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Uneven

+1

Please include photos.  Appropriate revision surgery may help.

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS