I Had a Mini Tummy Tuck with Lipo to the Hips and Upper Stomach my Incision in the Middle is Purple?

I had a mini tummy tuck with lipo of the hips and upper stomach two weeks ago now the incision in the middle has a purple bruised color with no pain will this go ?

Purple Color of Scar 2 Weeks after MiniTummy Tuck

+1

The scar at 2 weeks after minitummy tuck most of the time will be red, purple, or hyperpigmented.  This should lighten over the course of a year. 

Purplish Tummy Tuck Incision

+1

A purplish appearance to a tummy tuck scar at two weeks does not necessarily mean anything is wrong.  During the healing process, scars can take on a reddish or purplish color because of the increased blood flow in the area.  As things heal, this usually fades. 

Following a tummy tuck, I would worry and contact your surgeon if your scar has redness on the surrounding skin, increased warmth, funny drainage, foul smell, increasing or asymmetric swelling, fevers or chills.  In the absence of these signs, this is likely just a part of the healing process.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

purple bruised color

+1

Bruising is expected after both liposuction and TT. Bruising almost always resolves. If it is still present, show it to your surgeon at your next visit. Thanks and best wishes. 

Purple along Tummy Tuck Incision?

+1

Purple discoloration along the tummy tuck incision line may be a bruise or a sign of a problem with blood flow. Your plastic surgeon will be in  the best position to  diagnose, advise, and/or reassure you.