I Had a Min Face Lift with Neck Liposuctioning 2.5 Mo Ago and I Have Swelling & Tightness Neck & Jaw?

How long will it take for swelling & tightness to resolve?

Min Face Lift with Neck Liposuctioning 2.5 Mo Ago and I Have Swelling

+1
Dear 12, thank you for your question. Swelling after a facelift may persists from weeks to months, causing bumps or asymmetries to appear. In San Diego, we monitor our patients closely for one year to address any issues. Follow up with your surgeon to check if this is swelling versus something else and if treatment is indicated. Best of Luck.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift Swelling and Tightness

+1

Thank you for your question. The tightness can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to resolve. Rarely does it linger beyond that. Gentle massage can be very helpful, and range of motion exercises can help. In some cases, gentle ultrasound can help the area soften up quicker. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Orion,

Thank you for your question. This swelling/tightness can take 3-6 months to resolve. continue to see you surgeon.  He may advise compression garment at night, massage, or other treatment.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift, neck lift complication

+1

Generally, this improves in 3 - 6 months. I have seen advanced laser techniques take this away quicker

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling and tightness after minifacelift

+1

It is still normal to have swelling and tightness at 2.5 months. Actually, you had the procedure to tighten your face and neck. The swelling may continue up to 6 months, but the majority is in the first 3 months. Should you have concerns about your healing process, please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Everyone heals at their own rate, but excessive early activity may slow this down.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after mini-lift

+1

It can take a few months for the stiff and tight feelings to resolve after facial and neck surgery.  I suggest that you be patient for now.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Swelling from Mini Lifts and neck liposuctioning usually settles down within 3-6 months.

+1

The swelling and tightness from a mini lift and neck liposuctioning usually settles down within 3-6 months but looks quite good even at 3-4 weeks in most cases. Doing them under local now is such an advantage and with great results and quicker recovery. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgeery is an Art and a Science

+1

Having a tight neck after the lift is a good sign. You will have an enhanced appearance from your surgery.Discuss this with your surgeon. All the best . Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and tightness after mini facelift

+1

Swelling and tightness after a mini facelift usually settles down over the first few months. Be patient.

Mini Facelift Recovery

+1

It is not uncommon, at 2 1/2 months, after your procedure to still have some residual swelling.  A majority of the swelling does resolve over the course of the first 2-3 months, but it could take up to 6 months to see all swelling resolved.  As swelling resolves and the tissue begins to loosen over time you will also see some improvement in the "tight" feeling which you are experiencing.  All of what you are experiencing is normal, for your stage of healing.  If you have any other questions or concerns, you should follow up with your operating surgeon...Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon