I Had a Min Face Lift with Neck Liposuctioning 2.5 Mo Ago and I Have Swelling & Tightness Neck & Jaw?

How long will it take for swelling & tightness to resolve?

Mini Lift Swelling and Tightness

+1

Thank you for your question. The tightness can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to resolve. Rarely does it linger beyond that. Gentle massage can be very helpful, and range of motion exercises can help. In some cases, gentle ultrasound can help the area soften up quicker. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Orion,

Thank you for your question. This swelling/tightness can take 3-6 months to resolve. continue to see you surgeon.  He may advise compression garment at night, massage, or other treatment.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift, neck lift complication

+1

Generally, this improves in 3 - 6 months. I have seen advanced laser techniques take this away quicker

Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling and tightness after minifacelift

+1

It is still normal to have swelling and tightness at 2.5 months. Actually, you had the procedure to tighten your face and neck. The swelling may continue up to 6 months, but the majority is in the first 3 months. Should you have concerns about your healing process, please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Everyone heals at their own rate, but excessive early activity may slow this down.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after mini-lift

+1

It can take a few months for the stiff and tight feelings to resolve after facial and neck surgery.  I suggest that you be patient for now.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Swelling from Mini Lifts and neck liposuctioning usually settles down within 3-6 months.

+1

The swelling and tightness from a mini lift and neck liposuctioning usually settles down within 3-6 months but looks quite good even at 3-4 weeks in most cases. Doing them under local now is such an advantage and with great results and quicker recovery. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgeery is an Art and a Science

+1

Having a tight neck after the lift is a good sign. You will have an enhanced appearance from your surgery.Discuss this with your surgeon. All the best . Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Swelling and tightness after mini facelift

+1

Swelling and tightness after a mini facelift usually settles down over the first few months. Be patient.

Mini Facelift Recovery

+1

It is not uncommon, at 2 1/2 months, after your procedure to still have some residual swelling.  A majority of the swelling does resolve over the course of the first 2-3 months, but it could take up to 6 months to see all swelling resolved.  As swelling resolves and the tissue begins to loosen over time you will also see some improvement in the "tight" feeling which you are experiencing.  All of what you are experiencing is normal, for your stage of healing.  If you have any other questions or concerns, you should follow up with your operating surgeon...Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and Tightness after 2.5 Months Following Facelift

+1

If you still have swelling at 2.5 months, then you are not seeing your final result.  Once the swelling resolves and the scar matures, the sensation of tightness should improve as well.