I Got Midface Implants (With a Mini Lift)?

3 weeks ago and they look too big. doctor went with med after initially saying small. i took his advice. is three weeks more really going to make that much difference in the swelling and appearance? my overall goal was to look like me, just refreshed. this looks too noticeable. my friends all wonder why my face is so big. and i'm getting withdrawn. not all all want i wanted from this. mini lift is awesome! wonder if i should have gotten only that. i'm 49 btw. do i just need to be more patient?

Mini Lift Facial Implants

+1

Thank you for your question. Implants can cause swelling a little longer than normal. Allow yourself at least 6-12 months to fully evaluate your swelling. You should notice gradual reduction in swelling if you avoid overuse of your jaw. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post-op after implant is early

+1

Because the cheek implants are placed along the bone and the periosteum, or lining of the bone, is raised up, these procedures can produce significant swelling that can last a few months or so.  Just be patient and continue to use ice and elevate your head.  In the end you may still feel as though your cheeks are too full, but at this point it is certainly too early to tell.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Swelling After Facial Implants

+1

After insertion of facial implants, patients will experience a great degree of swelling that typically takes up to 2-3 months to completely resolve.  I suggest you be patient and allow the swelling to subside.  If you still are not satisfied they can be removed, so no need to worry that the effect is permanent, because it can be reversed.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks after Cheek Implants and Minifacelift

+1

The combination of a facelift and cheek implants can create a great deal of swelling particularly at the cheek level.  The swelling may persist for 6 weeks or more.