I Have a Mama Tummy Which is Flabby and I Have the Hang over Flap and Also the Bra Roll, How to Help? (photo)

I am 20 I weight 187lbs and 5'2 I have never weighed over 129 my entire life! I now weigh more than I did at 9 months pregnant. I took a birth control and after I got off of it i started blowing up and have never been able to lose it. I would like to know if there is any type of procedure I could have without being fully nude? just in my bra and underwear? My husband does not agree to surgery because of me having to be fully nude with alot of male doctors but he knows it will help me alot.

Mommy makeover?

+2

You have excess abdominal skin and lax muscles, so you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  You can expect a wonderful result.  There are costs associated with this beyond the financial aspect, including the risks, the scars, and the need for anesthesia and surgical prep (nudity).  Medical practitioners do not take their responsibilities lightly, and so are concerned with patient comfort and confidentiality.  We have all been there, whether for surgery, colonoscopy, or childbirth.  Grit your teeth and don't worry about it if this is what you want.

Hang over Flap and Also the Bra Roll,

+1

For the only part I can see in the photo, you would do well with a tummy tuck, probably what most of us would call an extended one. There is not way that you could be evaluated or treated without removal of your clothing, which as they are worn now, conceal any incisions that would be needed.j

You would do well to concentrate on weight loss. An appointment with your physician can give you some pointers and get you started, You would have a much better result if you surgery were to be done when you are at a more favorable weight.

Thanks, best wishes. 

Concerns about being naked during surgery

+1

If you want facial surgery you can stay in your bra and underwear. If you want an abdominoplasty you will have to take your underwear off. If you feel comfortable with a prospective surgeon in consultation and going over the surgery you should feel comfortable with the surgeon seeing all of you on the operating table. There are virtually always women working in the operating room at the time of surgery and nothing should happen to you because you are not wearing clothes. The surgeon would not want to lose their license to practice medicine by doing something unethical even if there were no witnesses in the operating room. If you still feel uncomfortable you can always go to a female plastic surgeon. Every year there are more female plastic surgeons graduating from residency programs so you should have your pick of female surgeons.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Concerns about Nudity during Mommy Makeover Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and photograph.

Although at some point you may be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery  (possibly extended),  you will do much better if you achieve a long-term stable weight prior to the body contouring surgery. Consultation with your internist,  personal trainers, and/or nutritionists may be helpful.

I think you and your  husband should have peace of mind that, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully, you will most likely receive  care delivered with careful attention to your  concerns of modesty‚Ķ

When the time is right seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons;  the quality of the work provided by the surgeon will be more important than the gender of the plastic surgeon you select.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work.

Tummy Tuck

+1

What you are asking for is a Tummy Tuck and liposuction of the back.

However you are concerned being nude infront of a male doctor or male operating room staff.

Be assured that all of your doctores, male and females will treat you with ultimate repect , and protect your dignity and privacy. Once you are my patient, I will treat you like a member of my family. This is true to the doctor you choose.