I’m Searching For A Skilled Eyelid Surgeon in the USA That Uses the Arcus Marginalis Release Technique, Any Recommendations?

I'm from italy ,24 years old and have very pronounced eyebags and tear troughs.I think that transc. fat repositioning would work very well for me but here (believe it or not) almost no p.s. knows this technique (only fat removal that would leave me probably hollowed).Can you recommend me a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon that has a great experience in the use of this technique and in general in eyelid surgery (maybe in LA or NYC where i have relatives)?Any advice would be very helpful!Thank you.

The transconjunctival arcus marginalis release surgery is widely used.

+2

No one specialty exclusively performs this method.  While I personally believe that you are better off in the hands of a cosmetic oculoplastic surgeon, good surgeons are where you find them.  There are many fine general plastic and facial plastic surgeons who do perform the arcus marginalis release surgery.  A far better concern is at 24 years old, precisely what is your issue and does it even require a surgery to be improved.  Posting a photograph is much more likely to get you the information you need.  You can look on the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a website that has a geographic directory.  One issue of course is that you are looking for an aesthetically focused practice.  Good luck and please stay safe out there.

Skilled eyelid surgeon

+1

It is best to obtain a few consults/examinations  here in the US  to make sure you really need an arcs marginialis release at your age.  Usually  conservative fat removal is all that is required at age 24.  Pictures would help Realself surgeons give you a better opinion what you may, or may not need.

Eyelid bags

+1

Just because you have pronounced eyebags and a tear trough does not mean that arcus marginalis release is the best option. The little knowledge you gain from the internet can be dangerous because if you request a procedure yout think you need based on an internet search even though it is not indicated you will eventually find someone willing to do it. In my experience if the eyebags or bulges retrude and protrude as you change your gaze this is not the best option because the recurrence rate is high. In the old days patients complained of a specific problem, went to the surgeon and obtained a diagnosis and treatment plan. Now the patients want to self diagnose, decide on a treatment or treatment machine and then shop for the doctor who uses that machine or does that procedure. You need to remember it is not the tennis racquet that makes the tennis player successful.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

ASOPRS Oculoplastics surgeon

+1

Most Oculoplastics surgeons are well versed in this technique, but every patient is different and needs a customized approach. Posting photos would be helpful.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Transconjunctival arcus release

+1

I use the transconjunctival release technqiue all the time. I do not always place the fat along the margin, only when necessary. Often jsut releasing the arcus releases the adherence and improves that double bubble look.  Good luck.